Comprehensive Human Resources Counsel for Employers
Regardless of the size of your company or human resources department, there is no substitute for savvy legal counsel to protect your company and your employees. At Lockaby PLLC, we provide day-to-day advice to employers and human resource professionals throughout Kentucky on a wide range of issues, including:
- Recruiting and hiring new employees;
- Conducting employee background checks;
- Taking disciplinary action;
- Compliance with state, federal, and local employment laws and regulations;
- Employee layoffs, reductions in force, terminations, and severance;
- Developing and implementing workplace policies and employee handbooks;
- Wage and hour issues and employee classification; and
- Drafting employment contracts, noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements, independent contractor agreements, and severance and separation agreements.
Our Proactive Approach to Employment Law Counsel
We’ve worked on both sides of nearly every kind of labor and employment dispute, including wrongful discharge, discrimination, retaliation, contract violation, and many other issues. Our experience in resolving these disputes gives us deep insight into how human resources departments and professionals can take proactive, pragmatic steps to help prevent disputes in the first place and, when necessary, position an employer to successfully defend against legal action.