Discrimination, Retaliation, Harassment, and Wage-and-Hour Claims
We regularly defend employers and management against a wide variety of workplace claims in state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including the following:
- Sexual harassment claims;
- Discrimination and retaliation claims based on race, sex, gender, national origin, ethnicity, age, and disability arising under the Kentucky Civil Rights Act, Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA);
- Minimum wage, overtime, and other wage and hour claims under the Kentucky Wage and Hour Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Equal Pay Act;
- Interference and retaliation claims arising under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- Workers’ compensation retaliation claims; and
- Whistleblower and qui tam claims.
We Work Toward Quick, Effective Resolutions
The right approach to the defense of any lawsuit requires assessment of multiple factors. In any given case, the most appropriate defense may require early resolution, a vigorous defense to obtain dismissal of the claims, or even preparation for trial and an appeal. Regardless of the case and the claims, we partner with employers and management to provide a sound, reasoned assessment as early as possible and a plan of action for achieving your goals as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.