Unfair Treatment at Work? We Can Help.
Not all unfair or unjust treatment at work is illegal. As an employee, it can be hard to know or recognize the difference. Even if you have legal options, the process for seeking justice can be complex and intimidating. If you’ve been mistreated at work, we can help you understand your rights, your legal options, and the legal process.
Common Workplace Legal Claims
At Lockaby PLLC, we have experience helping Kentucky workers in a variety of industries with all types of labor and employment law matters, including:
- Employment discrimination and retaliation claims based on race, sex, gender, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, and other protected classes;
- Unwelcome sexual advances or harassment that interferes with your job;
- Wrongful termination (being fired for illegal reasons);
- Minimum wage, overtime, and other labor disputes;
- Problems with employment contracts, like noncompete agreements;
- Interference or retaliation under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- Retaliation for filing or pursuing a workers’ compensation claim;
- Witnessing defrauding of the government (qui tam claims); and
- Retaliation for reporting illegal behavior (whistleblower claims).
In addition to individual employees, we can also assist large groups of employees who are facing any of these issues with a class action or collective action lawsuit.
Schedule a Free Consultation to Get Started
Making the workplace a better place for everyone. It’s not just our motto, it’s what we do. Call our Lexington office at 859-687-8900 or use the secure online form to schedule a free initial consultation.